SoPost is one of the UK’s fastest growing technology companies and we are thoroughly disrupting the product sampling space. Our technology is used by many of the world's leading brands to run the most powerful sampling campaigns online, with a focus on relevance, data and analytics. We work with more than 200 different brands, including the largest beauty and FMCG groups.
In 2020 we ranked in the top 50 of the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, and over the last few months, our growth trajectory has been significant. We are looking to hire talented individuals who can help us grow, and who can grow with us.
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for delivering design solutions to the highest quality to enhance the experience for all stakeholders and users of the product. You will work collaboratively with others to design interfaces and build prototypes that ensure design solutions (from conception to production) meet the goals of the product roadmap while delivering work of quality, consistency and safety.
You will bring delight to users through your design decisions in a way that delivers business results, and communicating your views clearly to others on the team will be a big part of your success at SoPost.
You should be able to inspire change by helping the Product team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, seamless, and memorable.
The successful candidate should also be passionate about research methods, integrating user research into the design process and product development.
- Be a champion for our users by producing work that reflects and is informed by the needs, goals, behaviours, and contexts of our users.
- Use various techniques to create drafts, models and prototypes.
- Pitch creative solutions based around UX research
- Use customer feedback to create a better user experience.
- Work with the Product Management, Engineering, Test, Marketing, and Sales teams to help conceptualise and deliver to market products that are sustainable and highly successful.
- Develop and design collaboratively. Prototype concepts, collect feedback, iterate.
- Regularly perform User Experience testing to refine the product experience.
- Present wireframes and design work to your team and project stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to measure the impact of designs on customers and business goals.
- 2+ years experience in the design industry.
- Proven track record of designing, delivering and maintaining design systems used at scale;
- Examples of designing complex SaaS, or similar products.
- Have a strong understanding of accessibility and how your designs meet the appropriate standards and guidelines;
- Design all product solutions adhering to SoPost’s brand guidelines;
- Be able to understand the issues identified in research and empathise with user’s goals and tasks to produce design solutions through artefacts such as sketches, user flows, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups;
- Communicate effectively with the Product Team offering a rationale for design decisions to ensure a smooth hand-off for development, highlighting interactions and intended functionality;
- Use initiative to contribute to the growth and development of the product using company-wide channels of communication;
- Analyse the results of qualitative and quantitive data and research to communicate the rationale and impact behind design solutions;
- Complete work in a timely manner;
- Respond proactively to reviews with the Product Manager and further team;
- Proficiency using Figma
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent optional.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and ReactJS.
- Able to create icons, illustrations and infographics.
- Knowledge of testing and design validation tools.
Holiday and Benefits
- Competitive Salary.
- 28 days of Annual Leave, which includes the period between Christmas and New Year when all SoPost offices are closed.
- One 'Life Moment' per year of additional leave, which you can define. It could be your child's first day at school, a house move or your birthday.
- Quarterly Wellness Allowance.
- After 5 & 10 years, (in your 6th and 11th years) you have the opportunity to take a four-week sabbatical with a generous contribution from SoPost towards whatever you have planned.
- Commitment to growing your professional development and a training budget to support that commitment.
- Eligibility for our flexible working arrangement, giving you the power to manage your time and place of work.Participation in Company Annual Bonus Plan and SoPost pension scheme.
- Social events (monthly team lunches and quarterly drinks/team building activities).
The Hiring Process
The hiring process may change slightly depending on a number of factors. It is generally a multi-step process as indicated. If you pass one stage, you will proceed to the next. We try to give feedback to you if your application is unsuccessful but this is not always possible. We believe that the successful recruitment for any role at SoPost is as much about giving you the opportunity to find out as much as possible about us and our company as it is about us finding out about you and your capabilities. We want you to be as excited about joining SoPost as we are about being here! With that philosophy in mind, we will be running the following selection process to ensure that each candidate is given a comprehensive view of what we are all about:
We will review your application and verify claims
Initial interview with our Product Designers to discuss the role in more detail
We will issue you with a 20-30 minute whiteboarding challenge to be completed during the interview.
Interview with the senior team to answer some situational questions as well as the role.
Offer & References
We will make a formal offer, subject to references